I just can't stop thinking about this verse and how good God is. He always does what He says He will do. ALWAYS!
Some things have changed since my last post. And I have yet to lift a finger. God is moving DHS like I have never seen them move before. As a matter of fact, this has been so easy that there is NO denying that God is all over Emma coming to us.
Our homestudy was turned in on Monday. If you recall, we started the DHS adoption process long before Emma came back into the picture. We had no idea....but God knew. Do you think that's why He was so insistent on our turning in our paperwork?
I also found out that DHS did want to open our home as a kinship foster placement so they can get Emma here sooner. I was a little worried that we would have to deal with our old county, but it wasn't even mentioned! So, the all walkthru was done and all paperwork turned in.
Yesterday, I received the email that said our home had been approved and opened. The five day notice was mailed to the foster family who has Emma (this is common procedure) and we are scheduled to get Emma placed in our home next Thursday, March 18!!! WOOHOO!! God is so good. No more hurdles. Our adoptive homestudy should be completed within a couple of weeks.
Now, we are not sure, but Emma may have to be in our home 6 months before we can finalize, which is common. I'm not worried about those little details.
I cannot wait to share her with you all! In the meantime, I will be attending the Oklahoma Homeschool Winter Summit this weekend. I have two workshops to give, one is easy...menu planning. The other is on grief and I just have to tell you, God has written this workshop Himself. As of tonight, at about 5pm, I had no idea what I was going so say. I had a LOT I COULD say, but not in any logical order. Then God started speaking through me. I am praying that God will bring those women who need to hear His word on Saturday. I would appreciate your prayers as I speak this weekend.
I will let you know when Emma gets here. There is a chance the foster home could say go ahead and take her and not wait the five days, so we COULD get her sooner, but I don't want to get my hopes up!!
3 weeks ago