Friday, February 20, 2009

Jesus calms the storm...

I have felt led to update my blog tonight. Although I am not sure why, and when I felt the urgency, I really didn't have anything to say. But, I decided to read my Bible for the day (yeah...I'm late, but better late than never!) and now I know!

We went on a field trip today to the Tulsa Children's Museum. The kids had a great time and I got to spend time with adult friends that I really like.


I found out some things about our upcoming adoption that I was pondering when we got home. I was talking to God, just telling Him that I was okay with whatever happened. I also wondered if I should just pack everything up and forget about it all. (This was not a God led thought...it was a tired about a LOT of things thought!) Later, as I was taking my nightly bubble bath, I was praying, asking God to speak to my heart. It's just been quiet and I needed to hear from Him. (Don't get me wrong...I am still trusting Him with our Emma Claire...I am not doubting, just needed to hear.)

A couple of hours go by and being me, I had forgotten what I had asked for. So, I get this urge to write, without really having anything to say, read my Bible, and here is what my Bible said to me:

I was reading about Jesus and the disciples on the boat, when the storm came and the disciples all got their undies in a wad.

"Teacher, don't you even care that we are going to drown?"

(My own version..."God, don't you even care that I lost my baby and now you are just making me wait???? I am drowning here!")

"When God woke up, He rebuked the wind and said to the water, "Quiet down!" Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm. And He asked them, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still not have faith in me?"

Here I am, AGAIN, asking Him about this baby and what He had promised and this is what He tells me. OKAY! OKAY! I get it! Yes, I have faith!!!! LOL!

And then, over in my Psalm, "Don't be impatient for the Lord to act! Travel steadily along His path. He will honor you, giving you the land." (Psalm 37:34)

Once again, God has been faithful to me tonight in speaking this "rhema" to me. And for some reason, He wanted me to share this with you all, too. So I will hold on to His word, once again, and keep pressing forward.

Now...I have a request and you should be used to this by now. I found out that Emma's bio mom "T" is in a lot more trouble than we first imagined. She has been placed on the FBI's Most Wanted list. Our Christian Adoption Administrator told me that "T" being put in jail would be the best thing for everyone and that is how we would pray, I had no idea our prayers would land her on the most wanted list! Now...I have had my prayers answered for a LOT of things. I have prayed people away from our church (that sounds tacky, but they were causing problems), I have prayed people away from our homeschool group (don't worry...if you are reading this, then it wasn't you!) but I have never prayed anyone into jail! Will you join me?? (LOL!)

Seriously, "T" does need prayers. A LOT of them. I was able to get a picture of her, so now I have a face to pray for...that helps. Only God can help her now.

1 comment:

  1. I will pray. You know, I have to be reminded of the same thing! Isn't so nice that our God is an awesome God that He does wake up and calm the storm. Sometimes I imagine Him with this smirk and dubious eyes, like, "don't you trus me yet...don't you know i know best?" Our God is an swesome God..I will also pray that baby Emma Claire will stay safe...thank you for sharing. I will also email you later about my friend, she is at an amazing place. A place that God can only be at.

    ReplyDelete