Monday, September 22, 2008

"Comfort, comfort my people..."

Isaiah 40:1 says, "Comfort, comfort my people, says your God. Speak tenderly to Jerusalem. Tell her that her sad days are gone and that her sins are pardoned." Yep...I underlined it BIG in my Bible today. I am more than ready for sad days to be gone. God never said that sorrow would be easy, His promise is that He will carry us through it.
I was doing very well until my friend, Jennifer, lost her husband, Brady. I don't know if that with the combination of Patrick leaving me for 10 days on Thursday is the problem, or if it's just the way it is, but I have not had a very good 3 days. Things that have not bothered me at all about Jacob, now bother me. I am exhausted. I am tired of being sad. I hate to whine. And I need a haircut.
We will be going to Branson with my family for part of the time Patrick is gone, so that will help, but again, I am so tired and that is just a lot of work! DHS has still not released our allegation. But, they are asking for Jacob's death certificate so they can terminate his benefits. I believe they are trying to get out of paying his medical (which is not out of DHS's pocket, anyway.) They have also asked our lawyer not to charge them for his adoption. WHAT??? I don't know why I allow DHS to shock me, but that did! I told her to get me the paperwork to sign right away! That's like asking any of the caseworkers who had anything to do with Jacob to give their paychecks back. INSANE the logic of DHS! If I have not asked before, please pray that our current case before DHS will be expidited so that we can finalize "S" and "J" and be done with them.

"Your God is coming! Yes, the Sovereign Lord is coming in all his glorious power. He will rule with awesome strength. See, he brings his reward with him as he comes. He will feed his flock like a shepherd. He will carry the lambs in his arms, holding them close to his heart. He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young." Isaiah 40:10-11

Each year, the state homeschooling leaders (like OCHEC) get together in September to meet, encourage, and learn. It's called the "Alliance" and we have made many friends in the past few years. We were unable to go this year, but went last year and Jacob went with us. He had just started walking and would show off his latest trick at the "mess hall". Our friends, Jerry and Susan, just came back from the conference. Susan related this story to me and I wanted to share. A couple at the conference just adopted a baby girl from Ethiopia. Susan, being the grandma she is, was holding this 18 month old black baby. She said the baby reminded her of Jacob, she was little, and liked to be held in the same way Jake did. The mother asked Susan "how are the Phillips"? Susan answered and this mother told Susan that she had wanted more children for a long time. Her husband said absolutely not...they were finished. Well, at the conference, Jacob took a liking to her husband, climbing up into his lap, playing, etc. Which, Jacob just didn't do...he was a mama's boy! She said that when they got home from Alliance, she found her husband filling out the adoption papers from Ethiopia! She said that because of Jacob, they now have Lydia. WOW!

The life of my Jacob Levi has reached across the globe! How many of us can say that about our lives? How far are we reaching to share the love of Christ? "I have called you back from the ends of the earth so you can serve me. For I have chosen you and will not throw you away. Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenghten you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:9-10

"I am holding you by your right hand - I, the Lord your God. And I say to you, 'Do not be afraid. I am hear to help you.'" Isaiah 41:13

"...and the joy of the Lord will fill you to overflowing. You will glory in the Holy One of Israel." Isaiah 41:16b

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like I need to read Isaiah again. Love the story of Lydia....precious!! Now to toss this tissue and get to packing....*lol*

    ReplyDelete